Friday, September 6, 2013

~ God's Rosebud Poem ~

This is a great poem!
  
  
A new minister was 
walking with an older,
more seasoned minister
in the garden one day.
 ~ 
Feeling a bit insecure 
about
what God 
had for him to do, 
he was asking the older 
preacher for some advice.
  
 
The older preacher walked 
up to a rosebush and 
handed the young preacher
a rosebud and told him to 
open it without tearing 
off any of the petals.
 ~ 
The young preacher
looked in disbelief at 
the older preacher and 
was trying to figure out
what a rosebud could 
possibly have to do
with his wanting to 
know the will of God for 
his life and ministry.
 ~ 
But because of his great 
respect for the older 
preacher, he proceeded 
to try to unfold the rose,
while keeping every petal 
intact.
 ~ 
It wasn't long before he 
realized how impossible
this was to do.
 ~ 
Noticing the younger 
preacher's inability
to unfold the rosebud
without tearing it,
the older preacher
began to recite the 
following poem... 

 
"It is only a tiny rosebud,
A flower of God's design;
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine."

 
~ 
"The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I.
GOD opens this flower so easily,
But in my hands they die."

 
~ 
"If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
This flower of God's design,
Then how can I have the wisdom 
To unfold this life of mine?"

 
~ 
"So I'll trust in God for leading 
Each moment of my day.
I will look to God for guidance 
In each step along the way."
 ~ 
"The path that lies before me,
Only my Lord and Savior knows.
I'll trust God to unfold the moments,
Just as He unfolds the rose."

 
 
 ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked my post, did not like it, found it humorous, sad or interesting, then please tell me what you think?